Thursday, March 27, 2014

Unrealistic Depictions of College

So lately I have been surfing Pinterest for ideas for college next year. What I am searching for are different ways to decorate and arrange my room, ways to decorate my hall as an RA, and cool ideas I had no idea about. But what I found were a bunch of unrealistic ideas.

Rooms that you probably will never encounter

What your room is REALLY going to look like. 

Okay that last one is a joke. But here are some ideas that are actually realistic, achievable, and good ideas. 
 Adding lights to anywhere in the room is usually a great way to spruce things up. Especially if you add them above your bed it creates a nice way to have light at night when you need it without completely disturbing your roommate. 
This girl has done well with making her living area more lively and colorful, and it is more realistic than some of the above images. 
 Adding things to the wall behind your desk makes life a lot easier and more fun. Especially if they double as an organizational tool because it keeps things off your desk, and downsizes clutter.
Something like this is doable and cool, but it will not be inexpensive.
This is a really great way to save space and do the most with little amount of space. 
And these can be your best friend if you let them! Shove them anywhere and you now you have more storage! Which you will need.
And a little piece of advice my mother always tells me. In a dorm always find things that are multi-purposed because in such a small space you need things that have multi-functions. 
And here are a few things that are funny and so relatable in college. Enjoy!


Did you like what you read? Check out my other blog, "You're Killing Me Smalls"

No comments:

Post a Comment