Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lee Day #2

So to start off the day I woke up early and headed to campus to make my schedule for next year! I met up with an advisor who worked incredibly well with me! She advised me on what to do as far as my schedule, and was overall very helpful. As of now I am taking Psychology taught by the president of my school (nerve wrecking), Intro to Old Testament (or something like that), a Math class, and an English class. I am most looking forward to having my classes spread out amongst the week as opposed to cramming it all in two days! Then afterwards I met up with Victoria and went and got my ID made!
This is really exciting! I cannot wait to use this at my next movie! 

Then we both met up with Brenda, and eventually, as promised, we were joined by Jenee! She helped navigate us around the clubs who were on display near the cafeteria. Then we all departed to our lunches, me to my transfer student lunch, and Brenda and Victoria to their senior lunch. We all ate Zaxby's.
They gave away an IPad based on tickets they handed to us at the door. I was ONE digit away from winning. The winning number was 0301 and I was 0302.
(The ALMOST lucky ticket)
Then we all met back up again and went to the Bookstore where we bought some merchandise. I got a sticker for the back window of my car that read Lee University! Then Brenda went off to her audition as we went to go see "Life at Lee" a really funny play put on in the Conn center meant to play fun with the idea of "life" at Lee. 
(Us waiting for "Life at Lee" to begin)
Then we all headed out to the cook out and ate some food where we once again saw Jenee, Jermiah, and met Jeremiah's fiance. Brenda then left to head home. Victoria's family, my dad, and I all headed back into the Conn center for the ending celebration of the "Lee Day" weekend. Where they did a lot of worship, Voices of Lee Sang, and Dr. Paul Conn talked to us about coming into Lee with a very inspirational sermon/speech. Worship was crazy because they played a song that the leader singer of my youth band, Josiah, likes to sing a lot... "Forever Reign". As they sang I could hear the voices of my youth back home echoing in my ears! Wherever I am at I can still enjoy worship with them! One thing Dr. Paul Conn told us was that "College is not an escalator, it's a stairway." Meaning that in order to rise to the top you can not just stand there as someone else carries you, but you yourself carry yourself up step by step. This was exciting for me because it gave me a chance to show my Dad a little bit about my life. 
(My dad at the first worship service I have ever attended with him)
I found out later that he was thinking, "I want to sit down, but I don't want to be rude." Haha. Oh well, I got him in the environment and planted the see, now it is up to God. Not to say that I will not keep trying. 

Then they gave away the scholarship awards. Once again I was SO close! The winning number was 0305 and once again I was 0302. Here is to hoping though that God answered my prayers, and gave away the scholarships to people who really needed the help! Congratulations to all of the winners!

Then we all, minus Brenda since she headed home, went to go visit some more friends, Chris and Elyssa. We met them at a place called Lupi's which I originally thought was called Lupis, and was very confused as to why someone would do that. The dinner was very relaxed, but it was awesome. Chris and Elyssa are always a lot of fun to be around! Cannot wait to move done here!

Tomorrow I am headed back to Chattanooga in the morning with my dad as Victoria heads home. Then my dad and I are going to go up into West Virginia where we will spend the night. Then I am headed home on Monday.

I am so confused as to how to feel. I am really going to miss this place. I do not want to leave. However, I cannot wait to get back home to Portside, and my church family, as well as the rest of my family. These next few months are going to be rough as I try to maintain motivation with completing my classes, as well as try to control my emotions. Leaving everyone is going to be SO rough, but I cannot wait to start my life here! So many ups and downs. I am all over the place. So I guess I am going to sleep on it! See you guys later!





Like what you read? Check out my other blog "You're Killing Me Smalls" !

No comments:

Post a Comment