Sunday, March 30, 2014

3/29/2014 Always Carefully Read the Flyer

Not much happened yesterday. I lounged around a lot with my residents. We watched the Great Gatsby and part of Big Fish. I painted some. I crocheted some. But the main part of the day was I went to Lee University's film festival where they screen student productions such as commercials, short films, and music videos. Then they give out awards to the best productions. 

Here are a few of my favorite productions:

There was another one that I really like but the producer has not posted it yet. It was called "Fun and Games" by Nate Powers. 

It was a rainy Saturday evening, and I was ready to go kick back, chill, and watch some good productions. I was comfy, so I was sporting sweatpants, an oversized t-shirt, and some sneakers. I walked in with a draw string bad on my back and a longboard under my arm, and instantly I noticed a difference between me and everyone else. I ran to the back of the building and began to read the email very carefully. 

"Tomorrow is the big day! Students have submitted their films, the judges have made their pronouncements and the films will be screened tomorrow. 
Saturday, March 29 at 7 pm in the SOR. Film screening and awards ceremony."

That's where I stopped, but the email kept going.

"This is a formal event; come dressed to impress the paparazzi!"

I was already nine minutes late so I couldn't just go back and change. I slipped out the back door and was headed back to the dorm when I ran into one of my residents. She had made an entry for the event, and was the main reason why I was there. She asked if I was going and I told her I wasn't really dressed for it. But she told me to go in anyway. I slipped in, acted like I belonged and knew what I was doing, and sat in the back. 

I'm very glad I stayed but I definitely learned to read the ENTIRE email next time. 


Did you like what you read? Check out my other blog, "You're Killing Me Smalls"


No comments:

Post a Comment